Every donation to the National Runaway Safeline (NRS) helps to ensure a compassionate, trained person responds to calls, emails, chats, posts and texts from youth and families in crisis. With the generous support of our funders and donors, NRS crisis services are accessible 24/7.
Ways to Give
Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) Pledge: The Combined Federal Campaign is one of the world’s largest annual workplace charity campaign, with participation from federal employees (civilian, military, postal workers, and federal retirees). Pledges from federal employees can be made directly to 1-800-RUNAWAY dba National Runaway Safeline listed under Children’s Charities of America.
Payroll Deduction or Employer Match: Many employers provide direct charitable donations through payroll deduction or a United Way designation. In addition, some employers will match an employee’s donations to nonprofits that are important to their employees. Please visit our corporate match directory and ask your human resource team how to maximize your support to NRS.
AmazonSmile: You shop. Amazon gives. Click this link to AmazonSmile before you start shopping, and Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to NRS! It’s the same Amazon you know: same products, same prices, same service. It simply lets you do good while you shop.
Bookmark smile.amazon.com to ensure you support NRS with every purchase!
Host a Facebook Fundraiser: Facebook fundraisers are a quick and easy way to raise money and awareness for the National Runaway Safeline! By clicking this link, you will be able to easily create a fundraiser for NRS. Share it with supporters and encourage them to help you raise money on Facebook.
Legacy Gift: Your gift will help the National Runaway Safeline to keep future generations of young people safe and off the streets. Your gift can be used in its entirety to support current services, or it can be endowed in your name with the principal amount protected in perpetuity. To include NRS in your will, your attorney will ask for the following information:
- Legal name: National Runaway Switchboard dba 1-800-RUNAWAY dba National Runaway Safeline
- FEIN: 36-2726331
- Address: 3141 B N. Lincoln, Chicago, IL 60657
- Phone Number: 773.880.9860
- *Exempted from federal income tax under the provisions of Section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code
Estate Gifts: Your support for NRS can offer excellent tax benefits through a variety of estate gift options, including:
- Bequests: Name the National Runaway Safeline as a beneficiary in a new or revised will – or add a codicil to an existing will
- Charitable remainder trust: Benefits you today and supports youth in crisis in the future
- Charitable lead trust: An irrevocable trust that pays income to the National Runaway Safeline for a period, then may transfer assets to heirs
- A life estate: A gift of home or land may allow you to retain use during your life
- Life insurance: Make the National Runaway Safeline a beneficiary
- Give an existing policy to NRS by assigning incidents of ownership;
- Apply for a new policy with NRS as policy holder and beneficiary;
- Designate NRS as the beneficiary.
- Retirement plans: Make the National Runaway Safeline a beneficiary