Every donation to the National Runaway Safeline (NRS) helps to ensure a compassionate, trained person responds to calls, emails, chats, posts and texts from youth and families in crisis. With the generous support of our funders and donors, NRS crisis services are accessible 24/7.
Ways to Give
CFC Pledge: The Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) is the world’s largest annual workplace charity campaign, with participation from federal civilian, postal and military employees. Pledges from federal employees can be made directly to 1-800-RUNAWAY dba National Runaway Safeline listed under Children’s Charities of America.
Employer Match or Payroll Deduction: Many employers provide direct charitable donations through payroll deduction or a United Way designation. In addition, some employers will match an employee’s donations to support charities that are important to their employees. Please visit our corporate match directory and ask your human resource team how to maximize your support to NRS.
AmazonSmile: You shop. Amazon gives. Click this link to AmazonSmile before you start shopping, and Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to NRS! It’s the same Amazon you know: same products, same prices, same service. It simply lets you do good while you shop.
Bookmark smile.amazon.com to ensure you support NRS with every purchase!
Legacy Gift: Your gift will help the National Runaway Safeline to keep future generations of young people safe and off the street. Your gift can be used in its entirety to support current services, or it can be endowed in your name with the principal amount protected in perpetuity. To include NRS in your will, your attorney will ask for the following information:
- Legal name: National Runaway Switchboard dba 1-800-RUNAWAY dba National Runaway Safeline
- FEIN: 36-2726331
- Address: 3141 B N. Lincoln, Chicago, IL 60657
- Phone Number: 773.880.9860
- *Exempted from federal income tax under the provisions of Section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code
Estate gifts: These offer excellent tax benefits to benefactors.
- Bequests: Name the National Runaway Safeline as a beneficiary in a new or revised will – or add a codicil to an existing will
- Charitable remainder trust: Benefits you today and supports youth in crisis in the future
- Charitable lead trust: An irrevocable trust that pays income to the National Runaway Safeline for a period, then may transfer assets to heirs
- A life estate: A gift of home or land may allow you to retain use during your life
- Life insurance: Make the National Runaway Safeline a beneficiary
- Retirement plans: Make the National Runaway Safeline a beneficiary
Join our End Youth Homelessness Today campaign and help us double the number of youth we serve by the end of 2021.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, our team has been connecting with youth in crisis around the clock who are struggling to meet their basic needs, such as shelter, food and hygiene. Now more than ever, the National Runaway Safeline and the youth we serve need your help to meet the growing demand for our crisis services.
Your donation will help NRS to expand our transportation services for youth looking to return home safely, utilize innovative technology to provide crisis services support through text and social media, and enhance our resource database to ensure youth have access to a broad network of support.
Thank you for helping us end youth homelessness today.